Suffering from a lack of inspiration? Major case of writer’s block? Try these five easy ways to get inspired to write!
- Reading. Seeing the characters, concepts, and ideas of other writers can stimulate your own creative juices.
- Silence. Too much stress in your life? Take some time out to relax and watch your creativity shine.
- Fun. All work and no play makes for dull writing. See friends, go out, have fun—you might just have a memorable experience worth writing about!
- Others’ Stories. Go on Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, or through your cell phone address book. Ask yourself what interesting things can be fictionalized from your friends’ experiences? A helpful note: If it’s embarrassing to them, change the details to protect your friendship.
- Writing Prompts. Still completely baffled? When all else fails, there are a wealth of writing prompts online.
What do you do when you’re out of ideas? Please share a comment to help other writers in this predicament!