Truly, professors of creative writing perform a great service. Without their noble efforts, the next generation of literary phenoms would have a difficult time making their name in the literary game. However, you might be surprised by what thoughts run through their heads.
Without further ado, here’s a list of eight thoughts your creative writing professor would never share publicly:
1. You know, come to think of it, I really do think a monkey on a typewriter could write something better.
2. Yeah, a totally illiterate nation seems like a good idea right about now.
3. That’s an interesting sex scene. Obvious virgin.
4. Another story about high school melodrama. I wish they taught them better. Vertical not horizontal.
5. Oh. A disaffected young man in my classroom. I wonder who he will rip off? Bukowski? Hunter S. Thompson? Chuck Palahniuk? Tao Lin? Maybe he’ll be really cerebral and rip off Kerouac!
6. So, it’s a given that the bro with the backwards baseball cap will write in the style of Tucker Max, right?
7. I may not be Raymond Carver, but hey, it could be worse, I could be as bad as my students.
8. I hate my life. Why didn’t I get an MBA?